Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Remote collar


This is a testimonial letter from a client about the use of the remote collar and benefits in just a few sessions.

Dear Jean;
I'm just writing this letter to let you know that you have been an enormous help in the training of our Australian Shepherd, Doc. As you know, when we brought him to you he was very nervous and distractible (even though he had been in obedience training classes before) and would not listen to our commands when he became distracted or anxious.
I have to admit that when I first heard about your techniques I was a little hesitant because I was not crazy about the idea of using a "shock collar". But the person who referred me to you had gotten such good results (you may recall it was a dog who constantly would attack people) with her dog that I decided to follow through.
I was very happy when I found out that you really didn't use the shock collar as punishment; but rather as a way of reinforcing verbal commands. The level you used was way below what I could even feel and yet he responded beautifully.
I have to tell you that as a New Jersey license psychologist as well as a professor of psychology for 32 years, I was impressed with your level of understanding both the nature of the breed and the pack mentality of dogs in general, as well as an advanced knowledge of the principles of psychological conditioning. I have always taught my students that reinforcements do not work unless they are applied immediately and the use of your collar greatly facilitates this process.
So, even after just three sessions, we seem to have a new dog. He is much calmer and responds more easily to every command we make. We look forward to working with you on other difficulties that Doc has been having which is socializing with new dogs and strangers.
Thank you so much for all your help!
With Regards,
Neil J Lavender, PhD

No comments: